June

23:07


Hello, hello everyone :)
I am happy to announce that I am back for good and definitely staying here for a while. I remember my excitement in the spring time when I was making this blog, but, unfortunately, I was too consumed with things around me that I abandoned it for a while.
Nevertheless, I am finally here with new ideas and stories to tell and I hope you will forgive me!
Let's start from the beginning of my summer - June. This post will be dedicated to it, are you ready?



My June started calmly. I was finally free from school so I used my time to get in touch with my friends, wrote letters to my penpals, had painting sessions in cute little cafes, climbed rooftops and went to art exhibitions. Also, made some new acquaintances, which is always super duper great. Who does not like to change thoughts and expand their horizons?
Here are some pictures taken from my instagram:


One exhibition that has stayed in my mind till this day is - "man sirdī tīģer's''/"my heart is a tiger"
Its an international contemporary art exhibition which is still available for public visitations. It is located in Art Station Dubulti. If you have the opportunity, please go and see it till 15th of September. There are works of artists from Latvia, Israel, Switzerland, Egypt, Macedonia, Brazil. Their task was to search for sensibility as a common language of the understanding.
This exhibition is a part of poets Rainis and Aspazija 150th anniversary celebration program ''He'll Continue Who's to Change'', drawing its title from Rainis’ play ''Joseph and His Brothers''.


In my opinion the exhibition was really well-considered. All the works were made with a bit of an edge. Videos, short films, sculptures, photographs - something for everyones taste. One of my favorites were ''Siberian stories'' by Dzintra Geka.


From the 6th till 11th of June I was at Rucka Manor - Rucka Artist Residency.
I applied to a summer school of LCCA (Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art) with a title - This Is Tomorrow!
Basically, for six days I had lectures, creative workshops and discussions. It was a major experience for me and I learnt a lot. Plus, the manor was based close to nature, the atmosphere was a bit whimsical and odd, I also discovered that it used to be a hospital. That made my fantasy create different scenarios. This manor had big windows, the environment was really aesthetical. Here are some pictures I took with my Canon eos 1100D:









After the summer school, I came back to Riga and started packing for another exciting event of my life - Art school's camp in Kuldiga. I had already been to this camp last year. It was based in the same exact place, but I did not see it as a problem at all. The place may be the same, but the experience will definitely not be close to "same''!
Now, when I am looking back, this camp was even better than the one last year. I met new people, made new friends. In the time of one week I discovered so many new things about myself. Firstly, if I stay up all night, I will definitely want to have a snack at around 4 o'clock, haha! Secondly, I cannot live without coffee and rice crackers. Me and Justine stayed up so many nights, we saw so many sunrises. Made art. We were those crazy ones who made a cup of coffee or tea, took a blanket and just ran away from the campside. It was forbidden to wander around alone (and let's not even mention that it was the night time!!!) No regrets. We made so many memories, which are now being kept in my heart so one day, when I am older, I can look back and share these stories with someone special.
Also, Justine had her Zenit camera with her and I had my polaroid, I gotta say, the pictures we both took were breathtaking!
Here are some pictures:


One day has 1440 minutes, how do you spend your day?


2015/06/18 03:49
After coming back home I spent my days regaining my strength, sleeping a lot. I went to my countryside, read a lot of books, swam every day and rode my bicycle. Also, went to a bbq party and watched the sunrise, went to some concerts.

Thank you, June, for being so full with different chances to grow. 
Love, - Anna @savantidaisy


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, it looks like this past month has gone great for you. Also, I love the pictures you took.
    Keep on blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Anna, you are a truly inspiring young lady! ♡

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Powered By Blogger