1 PICTURE - 20 FILTERS

16:32

1 picture - 20 filters is something I wanted to do for a long time. This is not exactly an art project or anything like that, (although, if the idea develops, it may turn out to be one) but it has a meaning.
Nowadays, people tend to use so many picture corrections, adjust sharpness, light, contrast and just simply apply filters. It's normal, why not to make your picture look better and more appealing? For this thing (I am still refusing to call it a project) I used the most common app called - vscocam, or simply vsco.
I have 20 filters on this app, 13 sections. 
3 black & white ones, 17 colored. And yet, I still can never pick one. Am I really that fastidious? No. It is simply a hard choice. I mean, when you look down at the pictures I have uploaded, they all seem quite the same, the person in the picture is either in a blue-ish or brown-ish tone. But now, look at the painting. It is full with different colors, tones. How does one decide which tones to adjust and which make unexpressive or unemphatic? What is the magic behind these filters? How does it work?
Choosing the right filter tells a lot about us. Now you probably think that I am gone crazy. What are you talking about, Anna? Are you kidding? Well, no. I like both orange, green, blue, red. I like all of those colors. When I put on a filter, I reduce one tone to make others more appealing, to make them outshine. I simply can't have a good picture if I don't make this contrast between the light and the shadow. So what rights do I have to do so?  




















With this post I just wanted to show that everything we do has a deeper and more thoughtful meaning. I am still working on this thing


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Powered By Blogger